Stuffed Mushroom Burger Recipe - Summer in a Bun...
We had an amazing time at our Summer Party this Saturday – great food, great company and incredible music from the very talented ‘Dog With No Name’. We got through a fair bit of Pimms too! As always, a huge thank you to everyone who came! For those that missed it, here is the recipe for our stuffed mushrooms, which we served in burger buns with a bit of roast sweet potato and pepper for flavour contrast.
- 4 Large flat mushrooms
- 250g Cream cheese
- couple of slices of bread
- 100g strong cheddar, grated
- pinch of dried sage or chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove and save the mushroom stalks, scoop out the dark gills with a spoon.
- Put both of these into a food processor with the bread and herbs and pulse for a few seconds, until crumbed. Mix this with the grated cheese.
- Generously fill the scooped out mushrooms with cream cheese, top with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing into shape as you go.
- Bake in the oven at about 170C for 20 minutes, until mushroom is soft and top is crispy. Serve with salad; in a bun or pitta bread; or (my favourite) with some crispy roast parsnips.
If you really want to recreate our evening, you’ll have to check out some of the fab music from Dog With No Name!